Wednesday 2 March 2016

Time Planner

Week 1
Through Week one I will complete all my initial sketches of the characters and levels I'm planning for my game, Next I will do some research on different video games to be able to figure out how I should structure my game, Also I will make a few moodboards to get a base idea about what assets I will put in my level, finally I did some research on different animal poses to just get a better understanding of how they move. I also started on the concept art for one of the characters.

Week 2
I continued on with my concept piece adding more improvements, I did this by finding reference images of angel wings and human anatomy. We also did some life drawings of each other, one of us would get in a unique position and the people remaining in a group had to draw the person in that position. I also learnt some new photoshop painting techniques from Shiam, I finished my mindmap and proposal and put them up on my blog.

Week 3
I started to research the artist American Mcgee for the contextual research. We also did a peer assessment on each others work to see
what we thought needed to be improved about our individual projects. After that I made a start on my artist interpretation of
American Mcgee's work.

Week 4
I finished the concept art for my character. Shiam gave us a lesson
on how to paint in photoshop, this helped us to paint a lot quicker and the final painting using this technique looked more professional. We also did a lesson specifically for hands where we
learnt how to do the outline, perspective and shading of the hand, which ultimately led to us doing a final hand sketch, that came out better than the last one. Another thing we did was take one of life 
drawings we did of the people we drew, put it into photoshop and 
made our own character out of it. We then did another group peer
assessment accept this time we were assessing each others blogs. Finally this week we took photo's of ourselves ripped them up and glued some of the bits onto paper, then we drew the missing feature's from the photo, I also did the layout for two of my levels

Week 5
I updated my blog and worked into the level's of my games a bit more, I made the platforms for the first level and started to plan out the first level boss. I also game up with the idea for the first enemy in Ronex, The Birmageddon.

Easter Week 6 and 7
During Easter I will a lot of drawing practice, the things I will practice are anatomy, colouring, posture, expression, shading,
environment and perspective. I'm also going to go to places and
take picture of different churches and cathedral's also I will take pictures of various animals to get an idea of their anatomy. Also I plan to study animation in games in order to get a better understanding of what different movements I need and in-between
all this I will annotate my blog.

Week 8
During this week I will make a bunch of photoshop experiments and continue updating my blog, I will also write down my problems and choices, then finally I will do an observational drawing of a window off the cathedral I took pictures of.

Week 9
I will try to make my blog more organised and I will upload more of the developmental drawing I did for my FMP and I will do research on four more artists also I plan to do alot more work on my game.

Week 10
I finished up my artist research and I decided that the first boss was going to be Dexter. I also decided that I was only going to do one detailed level, because I figured it's better than two rushed level's with extremely lazy bosses.

Week 11
This week I made alot of progress on my game and I finished up researching the five artists I needed for a merit in that one area. I also managed to make a scalable rope thanks to the tutorial I found. I also updated my blog.

Week 12
This week I will follow the tutorial I found on making a platform game in construct and I will do more work on my bibliography, make another mindmap and put it onto the blog.

Week 13
This week I will finish my game and do a final evaluation of my project, I will also complete my bibliography and I will put all this on my blog after I have finished.

Week 14
I will give my game a test run, I will do this by letting other people play it and see what they think is good and what need's to be fixed.

2 comments:

  1. Use the plan at the back of the brief to plan your stratergy as a weekly plan as this will help you make sure that you hit all of the key tasks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use the plan at the back of the brief to plan your stratergy as a weekly plan as this will help you make sure that you hit all of the key tasks.

    ReplyDelete