Wednesday 3 February 2016

Platform Games Evaluation Final Part: Solving Time Based Creative Problems (Animation and Movement)

I drew my characters to help me figure out what their in-game counterparts would look like. To help with my game I researched animation and played other platform games to see what standard my game needed to reach, I also needed to research the anatomy of a dog for my main character who's supposed to be a hell hound. To make my game I used to different programs, photoshop for the sprites and construct for the gameplay. I did run into a few problem while working with construct such as, weird glitches, balancing difficulty and time based events such as a a person shooting or animation. The process I went through to make this game goes like this, I came up with the idea by closing my eyes and going through the list of ideas in my head, I drew all the first initial sketches for my idea which started off with the main protagonist and antagonist,while doodling in maths I came up with the first new design for Pyro which is the version that made him look more demon like, finally after many drawings on photoshop I came up with the final design for pyro which is the version of him, with the metal jaw and the same demon like face. To make my game I needed to understand how to layout a level, what kind of anatomy my character had, I had to use photoshop to colour in my sprites and I finally had to use construct to put all the sprites and background frames in and then test my game.

No comments:

Post a Comment