Tuesday 12 April 2016

Final Major Project: Problems and Choices



The Problems I Have Run Into

The first problem I ran into was in my concept art and trying to figure out how to draw a hand, Shiam helped me to get the the hand in the right position.

I had trouble with the artist interpretation of American Mcgee's work, I tried to do it on paper but it didn't really work out, so I did on photoshop and after I learned one of the painting techniques for photoshop, I think it turned out really well. I have used this painting techniques in all my photoshop paintings.

My animated Idle sprite was messing up the platforming, so I updated the sprite slightly and made it static.

I found a ladder and rope tutorial I tried, to replicate it but it just wasn't working, so I found another tutorial.

I had a problem with one of the enemies I inserted into the game, it wasn't going back and forth like the other sprite.




Choices I Have Made

I was initially going to do all the levels in Ronex, but I was informed that it would take more than 14 weeks to complete
the game I had in mind, so I settled on doing 2 levels and only
doing more if I had the time. 

I have decided to use Dexter as the boss of the first level instead of the character Nix, because I already have a solid character design for Dexter.

I will only make one level of the game because I would rather make a detailed and in-depth level than a two rushed and very bad levels. 

I made the platforms bigger so that it would look more like the character is actually jumping on a solid platform.  

I found from a tutorial on the construct site scirra, that if you put the platform behaviour on a separate box instead of the actual sprite, the animation actually work properly and it doesn't conflict with the platform behaviour.  

No comments:

Post a Comment