Friday 27 November 2015

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial the worst game ever?


           
                             
                                E.t for Atari 2600
      E.t caused the video game crash....


For anyone who thinks this is actually true I want to ask you, are you serious. I want to put something forward here, are you seriously going to tell me that one bad game can wipe out THE ENTIRE VIDEO GAME INDUSTRY!,no definitely not at that point in time,if that was the case then the game industry would have already died out by now.The video crash was caused by an over-influx of consoles on the market and also bad games were not the main problem, which is another reason E.t is not the game that single-handedly put the industry in danger. But it's not just that it's also because of some of the idiotic decisions that Atari made like the Atari 2600 version of PAC-MAN, remember that maybe not as much of a failure as E.t but it still put a huge cut in Atari's budget.Also Atari was treating it's workers like shit they were underpaid and they didn't let them sign their work, yeah I think Atari's demise was basically their own fault.The final reason 
(I know of) why the video game crash happened was because their was no quality control, meaning anyone could make their own game leading to a mass of poorly made games for the Atari 2600. Oh and yes while there was a landfill with Atari cartridges, however it didn't just have the game E.t it also has a bunch of their unsold Atari 2600's and a few other games that were released with the console.The point I'm trying to get across is that, before you judge the game because it "caused the video game crash", stop and think for a minute think about how one game, single-handedly put one of the biggest game company at the time in to the dirt, sounds a bit far-fetched when you think about it.


         E.T Is the Worst game Ever



No E.t is nowhere near the worst game ever,now I'm not suggesting E.t is good by any means, but there are so many more games that deserve that title.I can think of several games that a worse than E.T like:Action 52, Bubsy 3D, Megaman for DOS and the Sega Megadrive version of might and magic (ugh).Yeah and I didn't even list half of the other ones, because I would be typing forever if I were to list every game worse than E.T.While it's definitely not the best game ever, it's still nowhere near the worst.Now for what I think of the game, no I don't like it, the controls are super clunky,the gameplay of the game is bland and boring and it's full of glitches, but at least it's playable and the thing is, it's just like a lot of the other low quality Atari 2600 games.So with all that said my final score for this game is a:

                3.7 out of 10








No comments:

Post a Comment